Would You Like To See a Senior Care Community in Solana Beach?
We are working hard to bring a community that will care for more than 90 seniors in a beautiful, home-like environment just east of I-5. Currently, there is only one senior care community in Solana Beach, and our older population is growing fast. We’d like to bring a facility to our community, and will soon need your help.
In April, Solana Beach voters will receive a mail-in ballot, paid for by the developer, to weigh in on whether the Solana Beach City Council should consider creating a Specific Plan for this project. Please vote in favor of the measure. If the measure passes, the senior care facility will still require all of the usual approvals from the City Council and the California Coastal Commission. Your vote in favor enables the project to be considered by the City Council. A vote against kills the possibility of the development of a senior center in this location. Solana Beach seniors and families are counting on your support.
Add your name at the bottom of this page if you wish to receive updates about our facility, and friend us on Facebook.
About the Project
Quality Care Requires a Quality Facility
The Solana Beach Senior Care Project is an assisted-living facility proposed for 2.91 acres on Genevieve Street just east of Interstate 5. As a state-licensed residential care facility for the elderly, the Solana Beach Senior Care Project would be built for up to 99 beds and provide residents with housekeeping, meals, laundry, transportation, entertainment and other forms of non-medical assistance. The Solana Beach Senior Care Project would be the first residential center in the city equipped with dedicated facilities for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Did You Know?
- Solana Beach’s population is aging.
- Many residents have aging parents, too.
- Solana Beach is home to just one assisted-living facility, with 105 beds.
- Solana Beach has no memory care service.
- Solana Beach has very little vacant land where assisted-living facilities could be built to meet local needs.
- The Solana Beach Senior Care Project would provide high-quality assisted living for Solana Beach families so residents and their loved ones could gain access to quality care that is close to home.
Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan Initiative
Should the freeway-side location be designated as a site for a senior home? That’s a question for the voters. The Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan Initiative is a ballot measure that follows the process set forth by Proposition T, which requires a public vote to adopt a Specific Plan. In this case, the Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan would apply to a single, vacant property at 959 Genevieve St. The Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan envisions an up to 99-bed assisted living facility at the Genevieve site. While the question facing voters is strictly one of land-use, the public is welcome to review building and site plans, renderings and environmental studies for the proposed facility. Voters will likely have a chance to weigh in on a special election this spring. If voters approve the specific plan, the public would then be invited to participate in community workshops and other meetings as plans for the facility follow the city’s permit review process.
The project envisions a two-story building that would run parallel to northbound Interstate 5. The plan includes a generous amount of open-space along the Marine View Avenue frontage.
What You Can Do
- Please support the Solana Beach Senior Care Specific Plan petition during the signature gathering phase, the initiative if it gets put to a public vote, and the project!
- Visit this website often to stay up to date.
- Register your e-mail address to receive notifications about public workshops and other events.
- Call or e-mail us with your questions or requests to meet.